Aub and Court turn six today. There is no better day than today to give you the answers to the top questions I am asked ALL OF THE TIME.
***These opinions are based on my own experiences. By no means do these examples reflect universal experiences.. I have no clue how others feel about their life with multiples.
- No, it is not always harder to have twins. As a matter of fact, it could be easier than two kids of different ages. They do all of the same things.
- No, I don’t dress them alike. They are 6 and that is creepy and that will make them weirder than they already are. Plus I can’t dress them alike because they do not like outfits that match and make sense. They wear outfits that aren’t even outfits.
- No, I am not separating them. I am not separating them because they were born together and they need to figure out life together.
- I know. They may have a harder time when they are older, but hopefully when they realize I screwed them up they will have a dorm room to call home.
- Yes, they are identical.
- Because I was told that they are identical.
- Because they look identical.
- Yes they do.
- Trust me. I can’t tell them apart.
- No, I did not use fertility drugs. I would never choose this life.
- Calm down. I am just kidding. I am twice blessed.
- I don’t understand. What do you mean how do you get anything done? I get things done the same way any other Mom gets things done. I ignore my kids.
- No, I don’t buy them two of everything. Last time I checked, I am not Noah and this is not an ark.
- I actually don‘t remember the baby stage.
- I actually don’t remember because I was in a coma.
And that my friends is usually the end of the conversation.