I watched this video 25 times (seriously) and am cracking up. I’ll give my opinions in the order in which this video went down. Watch the video several times and then play along. If you don’t watch the video, this will make no sense, so you have to watch the video.
IF YOU THINK THIS IS A GREAT INVENTION, STOP READING. PLEASE. YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE ME ALL THE REASONS THAT IT IS GREAT AND IT ISN’T TO ME, SO STOP NOW. 😀
- Michael needs to get that device snatched out of his hand and not see it again for a week.
- Before Michael starts his homework, can he pick the soda can up that is laying open on his floor? Seriously, Michael. You would last a second with me.
- Umm, Mom I am going to guess that you are a “News Feed” checker. Maybe if you put your phone down your kids will too. You are probably creating a live video right now about how great this app is as your kids are off hacking through “habyts” and looking at inappropriate videos on YouTube.
- These kids are old enough to do homework, right? How about the reward is that they get fed, driven around, signed up for stuff, rejoice that you haven’t killed them yet and are provided the basic life necessities?
- They have to get a warning before they stop playing Minecraft. We wouldn’t want to hurt Michael’s feelings. Give me a break. Here is your warning… I just smashed your device.
- Let me get this straight, Michael picks up that soda can and gets an ice cream?
- Teaching your kids good habits? More like teaching your kids that Mom is scared to parent and needs technological magic to help her.
- She just cooked that big dinner and they were going to bring devices to the table. What?
- Without “habyts” their dog would die. 🙀
- With “habyts” Michael is now the valedictorian…. 😂😂
- No one can keep up with that 🥓 hair.
- Finally, Mom has to pay a monthly fee to silently say no.
How about WE control devices, take all the games off if they are not listening to us, hide the controllers, block YouTube, remove the capability to search the Internet, not let them on them at all…
Parent…and stop creating entitled, apathetic, fragile kids.
Saying no is our job. This app is helping to create kids who aren’t ready for the real world. I fear how these cartoon characters will face rejection. Will Michael expect to “go swimming” after he finishes his project for the big corporate job he landed?
I’ll just continue to give them more reasons to hate me and say no, umm no, I don’t think so, put that down, I hid it, you lost it for a week, and not now…ad nauseam FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. Being the bad cop and nagging, is passing the torch from generation to generation.